San Bartolomeo Convent
relevance for the project
It is relevant for the Observance Movement, it is relevant for architectural issues, it needs to be restored and integrated into touristic routes.
Located on a hill near Foligno, built in 1408, was the first convent built to provide hospitality to the Minor Friars by Nicolò Trinci. The construction ended in 1415 but the church and the cloister were enlarged between the 17th and 18th centuries, the façade of the church was built between 1731 and 1736.
In addition to the serenity of the place and the architectural harmony, there are some significant works such as the wooden choir and some frescoes.
Foligno (PG), Umbria, Italy