San Francesco del Monte Convent
relevance for the project
It is well preserved, it is relevant both for architectural and environmental issues, it is relevant for its library, has a major role in promoting art and culture.
This convent is located on the northern hilltop of Perugia, and due to its position is formerly known as “Monteripido” (steep mount). This place was donated to the monks by Giacomo di Bonoconte Coppoli in 1276, to keep alive the memory of Blessed Egidio.
The convent is famous for its monumental library, established in the second half of 1700, and for being a promoter center of culture and art. Nowadays the Monteripido fraternity is especially committed to parish and university ministry and manages university housing.
Perugia, Umbria, Italy