San Francesco di Monteluco Convent
relevance for the project
It is well preserved, it is relevant both for architectural and environmental issues, it is relevant for touristic routes.
The sanctuary of St. Francesco in Monteluco is located near Spoleto near an ancient sacred wood and some natural caves frequented by hermits already in the early Christian age.
According to the tradition, in 1212, when St. Francesco visited this place, the hermit monks of Monteluco entrusted him with the chapel of Santa Caterina, around which the first cells, which form the first nucleus of the future hermitage, developed. The complex was enlarged around the 15th and the 18th centuries.
Spoleto (PG), Umbria, Italy